Thursday, April 08, 2004

Your Government loves you. No, really!

I notice the Government has reaffirmed its commitment to the regulatory provisions which provide free-to-air broadcasters with first access to a range of premium sports (cough, splutter).

I wouldn’t pretend to know anything about this (cough, choke, splutter! ahem), but seems like a bit of a wuss out to me. I don’t think it would be too far off the mark to note the impending election and this Government’s previous populism in regards to sport and sporting events.

I don’t suppose it matters that the broadcast rights to most of the protected events have already been bought and as such these changes really don’t do anything substantive at all.

Not that I know anything about this at all (AHEM! cough, CHOKE!)

Also, just wanted to note that there's only one exclusively female event on the list of protected events. Just saying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home