Monday, September 13, 2004

It's been a while

It's been a loooong time since I've posted on ye old Blogballer but I have been busy blogging elsewhere. So, a few comments on the weekend gone.

The Swans lost but that was predictable in a way, even though I would have loved to have seen them do St Kilda for a third time. Will Sydney ever reach the heady heights of 1996 when Plugger reigned and we really thought we could do it? (Damn you Wayne Carey! I'm glad you got caught in a dunny with your best mate's girl you swine) I am beginning to think that that was the Swans time and that nothing is going to bring back this fickle city, not even big, bad Bazza Hall.

The NRL. A weekend of upsets and how wonderful it was. I know many a tipper who refuses to punt on the Dogs, out of principle, including my mother. Well, you all got your wish with the Cowboys doing the Dogs. Let's just hope the NRL does the sensible thing and moves the Cowboys/Broncos match to Queensland. If this game really is about the fans then they will move it. Oh, and of course they'll be guaranteed a full stadium whereas the telly would have shown lots of empty green seats should the game have been played in Sydney. Not a good look.

And little Lleyton? Well as my colleague emailed me breathlessly: the little w**ker choked. Yes, he did. But how good is Federer? I know nothing about tennis, (well, I know more than some but it doesn't hold my interest), and I didn't watch the game but the scoreline? Little Lleyton hadn't dropped a set until the final and then it was gone in just 18 minutes. I would have liked him to win, even though he is a complete w**ker, but then again we all know what happened the last time he won the US Open. Sorry, that was a sick joke.

And finally, to my utmost love, Liverpool FC. Thanks to the argy-bargy between SBS and Foxtel I have not seen ONE SECOND of the new Premier League season. I am absolutely bereft. Liverpool have started in their wonderfully endearing inconsistent manner. The Arse STILL haven't lost and Chelsea are, as expected, sitting snugly just behind them. ManUre though are sitting 11th, 9 points behind the Arse. Wahay. This is all I need to know. But please, will someone please beat the Arse and not let them win again. It's just as tedious as ManU winning all the time. The way it stands I might be hoping they get up just to put a bit of spice in things...


3 Comments:

At September 22, 2006 at 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://gvkdircu.com/icmj/loah.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ncjzwxmq.com/efyt/hnwq.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At September 22, 2006 at 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At September 22, 2006 at 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://gvkdircu.com/icmj/loah.html | http://btgzaohs.com/cpth/cftw.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home