Monday, August 16, 2004

Hi,

I’d just like to comment on the excruciating crappiness of the commentary accompanying Channel Seven’s coverage of the Olympic opening ceremony.

I reserve particular disgust for the commentary of the parade of athletes. An example:

Stadium announcer: Nepal!

Channel Seven Commentator: Nepal (long
silence) known for its mountains.

If I’d been sitting down, I’m sure I would have fallen of my chair. But instead, I was standing up ironing, and felt a strong desire to hurl the iron at the telly. But I love my telly, and couldn’t bare to hurt it.

Another example:

Stadium announcer: Burkina Faso!

Channel Seven Commentator: Burkina
Faso (Long silence).


Uh-huh. Really adding value there.

Stadium announcer: Papua New Guinea!

Channel Seven Commentator:
(Long silence) one of our (pause) neighbours.

Cringe!

Stadium announcer: Benin!

Channel Seven Commentator: (Long
silence) a country in Africa.

Obviously earning their wages….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home