Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Old Big 'ead dies

One of the most entertaining figures in English football, Brian Clough, has died. Clough was notoriously outspoken, so to mark his passing, some his memorable utterances:

"If I had an argument with a player we would sit down for twenty minutes, talk about it and then decide I was right."

"If God wanted us to play football in the air, then he would have built a pitch in the clouds."

"Manchester United in Brazil? I hope they all get bloody diarrhoea." (on ManU opting-out of the FA Cup to play in the World Club Championship).

"I can't even spell spaghetti never mind talk Italian. How could I tell an Italian to get the ball - he might grab mine."

"I like my women to be feminine, not sliding into tackles and covered in mud." (on women playing football)

"That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. You can't keep goal with hair like that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home